Re: Lilypond problems

From: demery
Subject: Re: Lilypond problems
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 01:48:14 -0000

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008, Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> said:

> Should we change \bar "." to create a single
> thick barline for reasons of consistency and instead add a new
> bar line style \bar "dot" to create a single dot as a bar line?

newbies dumb Q - will the switch impact extant user files?

is there a way to do a broken barline? (maybe \bar "." )

Historical editions often used vertical rows of dots intermixed with bars
to mark sections (not always being repeated) as in |:| or :|: or :||:
perhaps an experiment will clarify the useage?
--
Dana Emery