Re: Scheme function to print out active Voice context during interpretat

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Scheme function to print out active Voice context during interpretation?
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 21:55:24 -0200

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Trevor Bača <address@hidden> wrote:

> [The motivation is that I'm researching the way that LilyPond determines
> which voice music events are assigned to ... from a user's perspective based
> solely on looking at input files. Voice-resolution in the example above is
> of course quite clear; voice-resolution when there are multiple anonymous
> voices, possibly in parallel, has become extremely tricky as I've written
> more and more test files, all of which I'll be happy to post if anyone else
> is interested in that sort of thing.]

That sounds like a very circumspect way to find this out.  Check out
lily/*-iterator.cc;  in particular, look for calls to

void Music_iterator::descend_to_child (Context *child_report)
void Music_iterator::set_context (..)

which explain some of the things you are seeing.

Note that contexts do not 'nest' as you claim in a message below.
Voice contexts cannot contain any other context.