Re: Lilypond on windows

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Lilypond on windows
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 17:38:47 +0100

2008/12/29 Stefan Waler <address@hidden>:
> I assume there are some others like me who could offer their participation
> in development if they could compile lilypond on windows platforms (which
> should be no problem with the self-written lilypond code AFAICS).

IIRC, some libraries can simply not be built on Windows (e.g. Python
or Freetype). So, the only way would be to use Cygwin (for a similar
reason, the OpenJDK can not yet be built on Windows without Cygwin).

That being said, VirtualBox is also a good way to have a ready-to-use
Linux box on your machine :-)

Cheers,
Valentin