Re: using \include for remote files

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: using \include for remote files
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 16:48:35 -0600

Bertalan Fodor wrote:
Yes, using guile you can download the file to /tmp for example and then include that. Like this:

#(remote-include "http://www.whatnote.com/style.ly"; "/tmp/whatnote-style.ly")
\include "/tmp/whatnote-style.ly"

For implementing remote-include a call to wget could be enough:

#(define remote-include (lambda (remote-file local-file)
(system* "wget" remote-file local-file)
)))

Perhaps wget needs other parametrization.

Bert