Re: ideas for Google Summer of Code

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: ideas for Google Summer of Code
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 21:14:19 -0800

Hi Anne,

I'd suggest you start by joining the Frogs [1]. As a Frog, you will get
some get some help in exploring lilypond's internals for the first time.
You could also have a look at the bug tracker [2] if you want ideas for
a project. Have a look, in particular, at the bugs with priority "Low"
or "Postponed" (they're not marked as such because they're unimportant
but because the fixes are nontrivial, so one of them might make a
good-sized project). If you're at all interested in ancient notation, we
have a lot of good bugs. Or if you have something in mind, feel free to
suggest it.

You'll need to know some scheme and C++; the degree to which you need
one or the other depends on what sort of things you work on. We don't
use any super-fancy features of C++ so you should have no difficulty
with your Java and C background.

Welcome to lilypond!

Joe

[1] http://www.nabble.com/LilyPond-Grand-Organization-Project%
3A-ongoing-jobs-td21240038.html#a21240038 (near the bottom)
[2] http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list