Re: website compilation

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: website compilation
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:38:01 +0100

Hi Matthieu,

Matthieu Jacquot a écrit :
 File "../../scripts/lilypond-book.py", line 43, in <module>
    import lilylib as ly
ImportError: No module named lilylib

make: *** [web-1] Error 2
address@hidden ~/site/lilydoc $

Maybe I missed something, here's what I've done :
I only pulled the translation branch in my new directory ~/site/lilydoc,
autogen.sh doesn't comply,

What do you mean? If autogen.sh/configure says you have all dependencies installed, you should build LilyPond with "make" before building the documentation.

make web, I had to add a symbolic link in
/out/bin for the lilypond binary, make web again it seemed to work better
but it fails with this message.
Am I doing something wrong?

If you can't build LilyPond itself easily (e.g. because it's diffcult or you don't want to install all dependencies), see

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Building-documentation#Building-documentation-without-compiling-LilyPond

Cheers,
John