Re: release note translations

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: release note translations
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:06:18 +0200

John Mandereau schrieb:
Hi Till!
Till Rettig a écrit :
Was there already discussion on translating also the NEWS part of the documentation? It might not be really used by many people when 2.12 has become normality but for the moment it might be interesting since it also has a direct link from the news entry on lilypond.org. In other words: I suppose we would provide more updated 2.12 versions, especially with updated translations. In one of them it might also be nice to have the NEWS page integrated.

I'm sure it's worth translating the News document, it's up to you to decide whether you find more important to do this than translating and updating the three main manuals. I think we can't take a global decision for all languages, because translations are in quite different states depending on the language; e.g. the French docs are so outdated that I'd rather not direct translators' enthusiasm towards translating News. The work involved in adding support for translated news is very minor, I'll do it as soon as one of you translators commit on lilypond/translation a file named Documentation/LANG/topdocs/NEWS.tely.

Cheers,
John

You are quite right, I also see I don't have any spare time, but Francisco seems to have :-)

Greetings
Till