Japanese translations

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Japanese translations
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 20:43:29 -0700

Yoshiki,

I found a place in ja/user/fundamentals.itely where a line ended in
@address@hidden,
which caused make web to fail.  I fixed it and pushed a patch to git, so
it's taken care of now.

But I was curious that you ended each line of the japanese translation with
@c, presumably so that you would prevent your editor from joining the line
with the next line.

Is this necessary in Japanese?  It's not done in any other language, and if
it's possible to avoid it, I think it would be better practice.  Havina an
@c at the end of each line makes it harder to edit, in general.

I'm only a tiny bit literate in Japanese, so maybe there's something that I
don't know about that requires @c at the end of each line.

Thanks,

Carl