Re: CM 1.1 git question

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: CM 1.1 git question
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:17:04 -0600

Trevor Daniels wrote:

Jon, the recent patch I pushed for you (lsr-work.patch) was
sent using Thunderbird but, as it was attached, the line
endings were correctly Unix (LF only).  It did have white
space at the end of most (every, maybe) lines, but this is
easily fixed - I routinely check and remove white space
anyway.

Trevor, where does the white space problem lie? Is it a setting in my editor, or is it a problem with emailing the file? Something else? I see that one option in my editor is to "Strip trailing spaces." Is this what I should do to my patches? I want to send patches that don't need *any* fiddling around on your end. :) I know how to use the git commands to create the patches now, so that will at least solve the other problem you had with my patches (git having no knowledge of the other file I used in the diff -u command).

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com