Re: CM 1.1 git question

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: CM 1.1 git question
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 08:30:48 -0600

Johannes Schindelin wrote:

No need to reclone.  Just rename the current branch:

        $ git branch -m old.branch

This part seemed to work fine.

And then start anew (in the same repository!):

        $ git checkout -t origin/web

(You need to adjust the "web" to the appropriate branch name.)

I did "git checkout -t origin" and it said that "-t" was an unknown switch. Usage says I can choose from -b -l -f, -m, or --track. Should I choose --track ?

Voila, you are at the same revision as upstream.

Now you can even reapply your "lastest" commit :-)

        $ git cherry-pick old.branch

Haha! Good one! I like the cherry-pick command, too. I'll try it once I get the proper checkout.

Jonathan Kulp