Re: Why is it _still_ so freaking hard to get info with images?

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: Why is it _still_ so freaking hard to get info with images?
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 23:45:16 +1100

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 12:50:23PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:

>     make && sudo make install

> does not work.

These work fine for me. They don't make much in the way of
documentation (which is a good thing, AFAIAC), but these two commands
install lilypond for me perfectly well from whatever git sends me.

> It is a bit disappointing since the info documentation with images is
> essential for really getting moving smoothly with Lilypond, and the
> procedure for producing them is so broken or obfuscate that none, I
> repeat none of _any_ lilypond precompilated versions that I know of
> carries them, and there is no way even a clever user could be expected
> to arrive at usable docs.

Hmm. I'm certainly not clever (especially about these things) but I
went to my top level directory, pull the latest git, and typed

make && sudo make install && sudo make info-install

When it finished I went to the lilypond node in emacs info and found
perfectly good images in perfectly useable docs. Maybe cleverness is
overrated. My point is that the recipe worked for me as advertised
with no problems whatsoever.

--

Cameron Horsburgh

Blog: http://spiritcry.wordpress.com/