polyphonic shorthand; line-spanner-interface in Hairpin

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: polyphonic shorthand; line-spanner-interface in Hairpin
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 06:55:56 -0400

Hello,

Thanks to Carl's patient help, I've successfully submitted my first patch as a Frog!
<insert sound of trumpets, throw confetti, etc.>

1. For my next task, I was thinking of fixing the polyphonic shorthand. Unfortunately, searching the tree for
  <<
gives a couple of thousand hits...  ;-)
Any hints on where that shorthand is defined would be greatly appreciated.

2. Can Hairpin inherit line-spanner-interface? If so, can this be done in Scheme, or does it require C++?

Thanks,
Kieren.