Re: [GUB3] How should Guile and Flex be built?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: [GUB3] How should Guile and Flex be built?
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:22:24 +0100

Op vrijdag 13-03-2009 om 13:26 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef John
Mandereau:

> Not at all: I set PLATFORMS=linux-64 to avoid choking on odcctools
> compilation, and dependencies fail for both
> Python versions I have tested (2.5 shipped with Fedora 9, and
> self-compiled 2.6.1).  A clean build (after
> "rm -rf target" and "find gub -name '*.pyc' |xargs rm -f") with Python 3
> is currently running, it's not in good shape:
> flex and bison are built in tools, which I find snaky.

In the log file, probably target/linux-64/log/build.log
(possibly target/tools/log/build.log), you can see why a package
is being rebuilt.  Use less and search for mismatch, it shows
the diff between the checksum from the previous build on disk,
and the checksum as calculated for a fresh build.

> > So, what does config.log say, why can't gcc make executables?
> >
> I copied the head and the tail of config.log below. Having
> /home/lilydev/git/newgub/target/linux-x86/root/usr/cross/i686-linux/bin
> and other directories for linux-x86 xcompile look wrong to me.

Why?  odcctools must be/is being compiled using the x86 toolchain.

Hah, but inadvertently a restriction-lifting has been removed
after gcc's statting of /usr was fixed.  Fixlet in GIT head.

Greetings,
Jan.