Re: an LM update

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: an LM update
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:50:45 +0100

Am 23.03.2009 um 14:14 schrieb Graham Percival:

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 02:03:56PM +0100, James E. Bailey wrote:

Yes, I did git commit -a and had the line : Modified: Documentation/
user/tutorial.itely in that file. The problem is that I don't have
git-format-patch. bash reports command not found.

Sorry, you're (quite sensibly) looking at the docs on
lilypond.org.  Unfortunately, they're a bit out of date now; in
particular, they miss this fix.

Please see here for the most up-to-date version.
http://www.kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/devel/contrib- guide/Sharing-your-changes.html

Thanks, that solved the problem of the error, but now I don't know which file I email. Apparently, I've successfully updated my branch by 1 commit, but, do I send the whole tutorial.itely file? or what should I look for, as far as changed files?

The instructions on
what I needed for git were rather scant. I don't know what it is, where I get it, or why it wasn't installed when I installed git, I'm not smart
enough to turn something like that off.

After a few more painful iterations, the CG will contain exactly
the commands you need, so you won't *need* to know anything about
git.  If you want to learn more, there's CG 1.4, but I personally
haven't read it and don't plan to do so.  Ever[1].

[1] or at least, for as long as possible.