Re: an LM update

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: an LM update
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 19:59:40 +0100

Am 24.03.2009 um 17:15 schrieb John Mandereau:

Hi James,
James E. Bailey a écrit :
Leave it to me to take something easy and make it difficult. So, I had a conflict. I thought I resolved it, but now tutorial.itely looks funny. I don't know how to get back to just having the normal files without any changes that I've made, and I don't know if the conflict is resolved properly, but here's my next attempt.
Please take half an hour to read sections "HOW CONFLICTS ARE PRESENTED" and "HOW TO RESOLVE CONFLICTS" in "git merge" documentation (the man page if you're on Linux, or in HTML on Git web site anyway), as suggested in the CG.  I know you've already been making significant effort to get used to Git and Texinfo, but that's really worth it: after this, you'll never be scared by conflicts any more.

Cheers,
John

You know, I found the page on the website and thought I had successfully followed it (that is, until I saw the funny file), but I guess it didn't work out so well. I'm just going to delete the folder and start again from scratch.

James E. Bailey