Writing out a table of contents to a file

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Writing out a table of contents to a file
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 00:01:28 +0200

I recently discovered that for full scores, it's easiest to write things like
the preface in Latex and then merge together the PDFs. I discovered the
pdfpages LaTeX package, which allows you to include whole PDF files page-wise,
so I have one LaTeX document where I simply include the whole ~100 pages PDF
produced by LilyPond. However, to automate the table of contents, I'd need
some page information about where LilyPond places new pieces.

Basically, for each headline, I add a TOC entry using
#(toplevel-music-handler parser (add-toc-item! 'tocItemMarkup piecename))

in Lilypond, which adds the piece to the TOC. The TOC can then be printed in
lilypond via:
\markuplines \table-of-contents

However, I would rather get the page information into latex's TOC instead and
for this I need to write out the TOC entries to a separate file, preferrably
in the form
    page-number, "section", 1, title, toc-label
for each entry (since the addtotoc argument for the includepdf latex command
expects exactly such a list).

Now, it seems that I am unable to find a proper place where I have access to
the TOC entries list with the page numbers properly determined and
available...

Can anyone help me?

Cheers,
Reinhold