Re: PATCH -- Dashed Slurs

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: PATCH -- Dashed Slurs
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 05:33:02 -0600

On 4/16/09 10:50 PM, "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Please review my patch for dashed slurs on rietveld:
>
> Very nice!  What do you think about making `dash-definition' either
> accept a list of four parameters or a list of lists (with four
> parameters each)?  Then we could write
>
>   #'(a b c d)
>
> and are not forced to use
>
>   #'((a b c d))
>
> if the slur is not split into different segments.

If the slur is not split into different segments, a will be 0 and b will be
1.  So this proposal is still more complex than necessary.  What about just
defining a function

\setSlurDash dash-fraction dash-period

that would create the appropriate entry for dash-definition?  We would also
have \setPhrasingSlurDash.

Carl