Re: two failing files during `make doc'

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: two failing files during `make doc'
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:06:00 +0200 (CEST)

> A quick fix is to handle those two files specially, explicitly
> activating font embedding while lilypond processes the files.

An alternative is that lilypond itself forces embedding of the whole
font if it detects that the font doesn't provide glyph names.

On the other hand, it would be *very* useful if we have some code to
access TTFs directly with glyph indices.  Reason is that many TTFs --
even high quality MS fonts! -- sometimes have invalid or incorrect PS
glyph names since they are rarely used in the MS world.  A side effect
would be smaller PS and EPS files because the char code->glyph index
mapping table can be omitted.

    Werner