Re: adding to the LSR

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: adding to the LSR
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:31:46 +0800

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 04:53:55PM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

> On Mittwoch, 29. April 2009 15:57:18 Valentin Villenave wrote:
> > 2009/4/29 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> >
> > 2009/4/29 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> > > Yes and no.  It would be a great strategy, if we had any clue what
> > > the status of LSR was.  Until we have some kind of indication as
> > > to when the change can happen, and how it should happen, I
> > > question whether any of this work is worthwhile.
> > > Valentin, what's the latest?
> >
> > No news from Seba. Of course, we may install a temporary LSR on my
> > server (or Reinhold's).

Then it's time to bug him again.

> When the LSR had stability problems a while ago, I tried setting up the LSR
> on
> my server, but I couldn't get the java stuff to work (the kubuntu packages
> don't seem to install all the jars in a directory that is automatically
> available in the classpath, and back then I couldn't give a directory in the
> class path, only individual jars, so the classpath would be several thousand
> characters long...).

Well, other distros might have better java packing, or a dedicated
java person might be able to fix it, or maybe the LSR source
tarball is out of date... there's a ton of reasons why this could
be failing.

If anybody wants to take this on -- and I'm really not looking at
you for this Reinhold; you do enough already -- then that'd be
awesome.  If not, then we just have to wait for Sebastiano.