Re: PDF Problem

From: Dewdman42
Subject: Re: PDF Problem
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 01:50:02 -0700 (PDT)

2 years and still nobody has bothered to fix lilypond so that it can create
PDF's that actually look good in acroread?

(sigh)

I thought Rune was on to some good stuff there in 2007 and it appears nobody
would listen.  Thanks Rune for your efforts in 2007, but I'm sorry to hear
that it was dropped, because lilypond still produces positively crappy
looking PDF's when displayed with acroread.  I know its possible to create
good ones because I do it all the time with Finale and other products, and
without doing any special display mode trickery either.  Whatever lily is
doing is simply not compatible with screen rendering while they other
products can do it.

Attached is a sample PDF produced with Finale:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p23479416/test4.pdf test4.pdf