Re: PDF Problem

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: PDF Problem
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 21:45:54 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Dewdman42 <address@hidden> writes

If I knew how I would.  isn't it obvious that a few people hold the power to
control the development of lilypond while the rest of us are mere mortals?

It's Free Software. "He who puts in the effort makes the rules". I had a project I started taken away from me because somebody put in rather more effort than I did - and he took it down a route I was very unhappy with.

But he put the time in, he did it his way. As far as I was concerned that was tough, but that's the way it works! If *you* want to control the development of lilypond, it's DEAD EASY. Just put in some effort of your own! I've put in time, I've put in money, and (some) things I want have gotten done.

As Han-Wen says, people are doing things because *they* want it done. If the fact pdf's look duff on screen is bugging *you*, then it's *your* responsibility to do something about it. I agree. They do look duff. But at the end of the day *I* want good PRINTOUTS, and they look superb. So I don't give a monkeys about the duff screen. It's like midi - that's duff too. Are you going to fix it for us? If not, don't expect us to fix the screen for you!

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden