Re: DOCS: include a sample "Makefile"?

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: DOCS: include a sample "Makefile"?
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 11:28:32 -0500

Matthias Neeracher wrote:

On May 14, 2009, at 18:00

Mac OS uses GNU make; doesn't Linux do so, too?

Yes. I don't understand the different behavior.

On Mac, the "make score" command works, but "make parts" keeps coming back with a "make: `parts' is up-to-date" instead of actually running the files. I found the "--always-make" command-line option, which forces it to build the parts, but it would be nice not to have to specify that option. On my Linux machine the default behavior is to recompile the files.

Adding a line

.PHONY: parts

before your actual parts rule should do the trick.

Matthias

Weird and cryptic, but it works perfectly!  Thanks for the tip, Matthias. :)

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com