Re: DOCS: include a sample "Makefile"?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: DOCS: include a sample "Makefile"?
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 18:03:19 +0200 (CEST)

> Pity.  In that case, the original approach is best for portability I
> suppose.  Here's how I have the "parts" target now:
>
> parts:
>       for LILYFILE in Parts/*.ly ; do $(LILY_CMD) "$$LILYFILE" ; done
>       mv *.pdf $(OUTDIR)/
>
> It works exactly as it did with the GNU wildcard, except that
> multiple files can't be compiled at once with separate processors.
> I'll probably stick with the GNU wildcard approach in my personal
> makefiles, or else have both lines in there with one commented out.

There's an easier solution: Store the result of the `ls' command in a
variable and pass it in a single lilypond call (note the backquote
characters):

  LILY_PARTS=`ls Parts/*.ly`

  parts:
          $(LILY_CMD) $(LILY_PARTS)
          mv *.pdf $(OUTDIR)/

I think it is safe to assume that an environment which has `bash' has
`ls' too.

    Werner