Re: DOCS: include a sample "Makefile"?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: DOCS: include a sample "Makefile"?
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 13:13:24 +0200

Anthony W. Youngman a écrit :
I think you missed the "&" in my code :-)

If the "wait" isn't there, the mv will fail because there won't be any *.pdf files for it to move. Werner's point about multiple invocations of lilypond is very valid, but on a multi-processor machine my technique will use all processors. It'll probably be a bit slower on a uni-processor, though.

Why not use -djob-count lilypond option? This would limit the number of lilypond processes running simultaneously independently of the number of .ly files to be processed. Now, I'm wondring about a portable way to determine the number of cores/CPUs present to adjust job-count value.

Best,
John