Re: development on windows

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: development on windows
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 01:22:01 +0200

Jonathan Kulp a écrit :
What I don't understand is how the permissions got jacked up in the first place. I didn't do anything different this time than I usually do. I've never had the permissions problem before. Maybe I put a "sudo" in there inadvertently but I don't recall doing any sudos until "sudo make install." Do you think that was the problem?

You can still have problems if you change source files (or even some generated files) timestamps (which happens e.g. when you pull Git sources or edit the sources) between running "make" as normal user and running "make install" as root; so, always remember to re-"make" just before attempting "make install". If "make install" (or "make install-doc") still rebuilds some stuff in out/ subdirectories, then please report that bug.

HTH,
John