Re: development on windows

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: development on windows
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 09:18:48 +0100

Patrick McCarty wrote Sunday, June 07, 2009 6:43 AM

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Graham Percival<address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 01:23:22AM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
Francisco Vila a écrit :
2009/6/6 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

Err... by "run GUB", I mean "generate sheet music using the
downloaded .exe".

GUB is the builder, and it builds the released binaries. You run the builder or the released binary. I propose to call things by their
names.

Agreed. We should call binaries by Lily dev team "GUB binaries" or
whatever you like that sounds correct, but not just
GUB, which is the building framework.

Err... "GUB" stands for "Grand Unified Binary". It was a play on
the GUT (Grand Unified Theory) of physics.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=GUB&submit=Search!&idxname=lilypond- devel&max=10&result=normal&sort=date%3Aearly

Interesting. So did the name evolve over time? Now it appears to be
called the Grand Unified Builder:

http://lilypond.org/gub/

Which makes a lot more sense, since the binaries it produces are
certainly not unified, only the source and the building mechanism are.

Trevor