Re: translation of the doc into italian

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: translation of the doc into italian
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 13:23:53 -0600

On 6/9/09 10:39 AM, "Federico Bruni" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as far as I can see there is not an italian documentation for lilypond.
>
> I'd like to help with that, could you please tell me how can I contribute?
> If other italians want to join, either for just proofreading or
> translating also, please speak up.
>
> I can imagine that it's a demanding work, but I'm enthusiast about
> lilypond and really motivated to contribute.

Great!

John Mandereau is the translation meister.  I've copied him on this reply.

The first step toward developing a translation is to read the Translation
section of the Contributors' Guide.  You'll find that here:

<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/devel/contrib-guide/Translating
-the-documentation>

It gives you the instructions necessary to start translating.  If the
instructions aren't clear, ask questions on the lilypond-devel list; this
will help us update our Contributors' Guide.

I hope this helps you get started.  Welcome to LilyPond contribution!

Thanks,

Carl