Re: fixing MetronomeMark

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: fixing MetronomeMark
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 23:36:25 +0200

Not alone !

I asked quite the same question just one month ago. You can read the answers in the archives there : http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-05/msg00521.html

Still hoping...

Xavier

2009/6/24 Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden>
Hi devs!

The two MetronomeMark behaviours I would like to fix (or $pon$or for fixing) are:

1. The break-alignment situation (q.v., <http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=684&can=1&q=metronomemark>).

Any recent movement/news on this issue?
Can this be fixed in Scheme or only C++?

2. The fact that MetronomeMarks collide painfully when extracted parts have multi-measure rests, e.g.

\version "2.12.2"
\layout { \context { \Score skipBars = ##t } }
mmProblem = \relative
{
 \tempo \markup { "My first tempo marking" } R1*5
 \tempo \markup { "My second tempo marking" } R1*3
 \tempo \markup { "My third tempo marking" } R1*3
}
\score { \mmProblem }

Can anyone see a way to indicate that "this MetronomeMark has a minimum measure length of X", so the collisions seen in my example would not happen?

Thanks,
Kieren.