Re: New website: Logos

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: New website: Logos
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 00:59:16 -0700

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 09:15:00AM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Op maandag 29-06-2009 om 22:55 uur [tijdzone -0300], schreef Han-Wen
> Nienhuys:
> > >
> > > I agree. It does not worth the headache.
> >
> > Why dont you just leave them, and remove them if someone sends a nastygram?
>
> +1.

Because if anybody complains, it's kind-of hard to pretend it was
an innocent mistake after this archived, public discussion.

> We need more nice, appropriete graphical [if possible colourful]
> content.  Much more, not less.  Esp the download page should be nice
> and attractive.

I guess we can dump legalese at the bottom of the Download page,
but it's a bloody mess.
(partly because texi2html is adding a <p> after every image, and
because the stylesheet is adding a border around the images)
http://percival-music.ca/blogfiles/out/lilypond-general_7.html#Download

I'm removing the logos from the individual download pages, though.

> I still think having all distro's linux logos has a nice warm
> fuzzy look.

Oh mao no.  Then we'd need *another* set of legalese, look up all
the licenses on the individual distros, etc.

This is such a blood waste of effort...