Re: LilyPond Mac GUI update

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: LilyPond Mac GUI update
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:53:44 -0700

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 01:43:14AM +0200, James E. Bailey wrote:

> On 01.07.2009, at 01:05, Patrick McCarty wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Graham
>> Percival<address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> No 2.5 on 10.4, and no md5 in python 2.3.5.  Can we include md5 in
>>> the embedded python 2.6 inside the lilypond installer?
>>
>> I really wish the Python docs were up-to-date on this.  So apparently
>> the md5 module was created for Python 2.4 and it was deprecated in
>> 2.5.  :-P
>>
>> As for your question, I don't know.  Isn't LilyPad the only thing that
>> uses the embedded Python 2.6 stuff?
>>
>> -Patrick
>

> Out of curiosity, since lilypond-book is the only thing that needs md5,
> and lilypond-book isn't run from the GUI anyway, why not just use the
> existing lilypond-book that, AFAIK, runs as expected on all mac osx
> systems?

I think we're confusing ourselves.  :-)

First of all, I forgot that you mentioned that you were using Python
2.6.2.  So, you *should* have md5 on your system.  Is this true?

Second, no changes were made to lilypond-book, except that
"#!/usr/bin/python" will become "#!/usr/bin/env python" in the next
2.13 release.

Here is what I'm confused about:

If lilypond-book requires md5, and 10.4 has Python 2.3.5, then why
hasn't this been reported by Mac users before?

-Patrick