"git push origin" requires extra setup in 1.6.3

From: Graham Percival
Subject: "git push origin" requires extra setup in 1.6.3
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 01:49:12 -0700

Thanks for adding the info about .git/config
[push]
        default = matching

to the CG, Patrick!  Bloody git developers and their bloody
inconsistent commands / setup requirements...

Git gurus: could this config-file modification be avoided if we
use
  git push origin/master
?  or using git push --all ?

(as an aside, Patrick, I may remove the comment about the man page
in the near future; IMO, we should mention the official git docs
and the beginning and/or end of our git section, but otherwise
avoid it.  That will reduce the amount of text in there.)