Re: Patch: Delete intermediate ps files

From: Maximilian Albert
Subject: Re: Patch: Delete intermediate ps files
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 20:04:39 +0900

2009/7/9 John Mandereau <address@hidden>:
> 2009/7/9 Maximilian Albert <address@hidden>
>> Hmm, I tried to run the regression tests via 'make check' (is that the
>> right way to do it?)
>
> No, see "Testing LilyPond" in the Contrib Guide or in Application
> usage, section Install/build from source/compile (don't remember the
> exact name).

Aha! Thanks for pointing me there. I performed the instructions given
there and got three differences reported (one of which is in the file
tree.gittxt and is due to the new git commit) but I don't see how any
of the other two can be related to the deletion of the intermediate ps
file. Do you want to take a look at the test output or is it fine to
apply the patch since there was no error?

I also attached a second patch for the NEWS entry. I couldn't test it,
though, since 'make doc' (which I initially thought generates the
documentation) produces an error and 'make web' only says "make: ***
No rule to make target `web'.  Stop." :-(

Let me know if I can do anything else.
Cheers,
Max