[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: improving NR B.6 "The Feta Font"

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: improving NR B.6 "The Feta Font"
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 16:03:38 -0500

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Mark Polesky <address@hidden> wrote:

Patrick McCarty wrote:
> Rechecking your patch, it did in fact have DOS line endings.
> So, I changed them to UNIX line endings in Vim:
>   :set ff=unix
> and then it applied cleanly.  Maybe something happened between the
> creation of the patch and sending the email that changed the line
> endings.
> I've pushed your patch.

Thanks, Patrick. I looked into the CR/LF stuff, and I think
I figured it out. I used a different editor this time, and
it was set to DOS line endings. Hopefully this won't happen

Sometimes line endings get changed in transit as well.  Carl and I went through this last summer. Search the list archives for this and I'm sure you'll find a couple of threads about it.  I have to send patches from the gmail web interface instead of Thunderbird to be sure they don't get messed up along the way. Maybe I should add a few lines to the CG about this issue.

Jonathan Kulp

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]