Re: SVG status update

From: Maximilian Albert
Subject: Re: SVG status update
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:13:12 +0900

2009/7/14 Patrick McCarty <address@hidden>:

> Unfortunately, this would be very difficult.  Elements are dumped into
> the SVG file in the order they occur in the page stencil, and (almost)
> every one is independently positioned as well.

Ah, okay. That's what I though. Out of interest: At the time when
these elements get written into the SVG file, do they know about their
mutual relationships? E.g., does a beam know which note heads it
belongs to (or vice versa)?

> Some of the related stencils are dumped consecutively (e.g. the
> horizontal StaffSymbol lines), but I imagine this would require some
> postprocess optimization, which is an interesting feature request.
>
> I'll add this to the wiki.

Following my question above, here is another random idea: Would it be
possible to (perhaps optionally) set the "id" attributes of the
elements to something meaningful from which at least the function of
this element could be deduced, like "staffline01" or "barline42" or
something similar? This could be a first step to enable some
postprocessing. BTW, I'm not saying that you should implement this.
I'm just interested whether it would be possible.

> I'm happy to be working on it, and I'm glad you appreciate it.

Yes, I do (and apparently I'm not alone). :-)

Max

P.S.: What's all this about text element being rasterized or converted
to paths? I can edit them as regular text elements in Inkscape without
problems.