Re: Adding note color handling to musicxml2ly

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Adding note color handling to musicxml2ly
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 10:07:10 -0600

On 7/13/09 1:35 AM, "Bret Aarden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've written a music search tool that exports MusicXML and colors the
> matching notes, and I'd like those colors to show up in LilyPond
> typesetting.
>
> There is no doubt a much more elegant way to do this, but the included
> patch works for me, and it would be great to see this functionality
> added to the musicxml2ly distribution.

I saw that you had provision in print_note_color for reverting color.  But I
never saw any code elsewhere that called print_note_color with no rgb value
to call that reversion.

I would recommend that you consider replacing \override with \once
\override, and junk the \revert.  But I'm certainly not an expert in
MusicXML.

Thanks,

Carl