Re: proposal for doc+web sources

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: proposal for doc+web sources
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 12:07:28 +0200

Le jeudi 16 juillet 2009 à 16:45 +0200, John Mandereau a écrit :
> Have you realized that it will make browsing Git history
> more difficult and require hackery in translation checking scripts to
> follow old history of files from docs/ to Documentation?  We have this
> problem for input/texidocs, but these files are recent and much smaller
> than the manuals, and the benefit of merging Snippets into Documentation
> is much greater on the long term.

Oops, we'll have this issue for the manuals too, as it's planned to move
them one directory higher. Still, keeping Documentation saves some
boring work.

In case it wasn't clear, I don't care if you of anybody else renames
Documentation/, as long as compilation, GUB and all maintenance scripts
still work.

Best,
John