Re: ppppp but no fffff

From: Jonathan Wilkes
Subject: Re: ppppp but no fffff
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 12:29:49 -0700 (PDT)

> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-06/msg00417.html

Oh, I haven't played around with make-dynamic-script yet.  I guess it's not
necessary to have a pre-defined command for "pppppp" and the like,
since it's so easy to add these extreme dynamics as needed.  Thanks for
the link.

> Although, it just struck me, what does MIDI do when it gets
> dynamic it doesn't recognize? Maybe it's written somewhere;
> haven't checked.

There's something in NR 3.5.5 that describes how to control MIDI behavior
for (custom) dynamics.  But if I just use make-dynamic-script to print out
"ffffffffff" or "z" in the score, and I don't use any other dynamics,
it gets softer when the custom dynamic is used in the MIDI file.

-Jonathan