Re: Feature request: 'line' articulation

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Feature request: 'line' articulation
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 06:17:27 -0600

On 7/26/09 1:33 AM, "Maximilian Albert" <address@hidden>
wrote:

> 2009/7/25 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:
>
>> I don't object to add it to the font, so please add it as a feature
>> request.

I think that Werner was saying the feature request is to add a glyph to the
font.  But while we wait for that to happen, to add a drawn rectangle is a
definite benefit.

> Given that the shape is basically only a rectangle, this should be
> easy to do. I've got a patch more or less ready but there are a couple
> of small questions:
>
> - What is a good name for the new articulation?
> - What should be the precise shape (width/height ratio)? Currently I
> use height = 1 staff_space and width = 1/5 staff_space (see attached
> sample). Opinions?
> - Should the corners of the rectangle be sharp (as in the sample file)
> or rounded; if the latter, by which amount?

The corners of the rectangle should *definitely* be rounded (all of LilyPond
engraving is rounded).  The standard radius is half of line-thickness.

HTH,

Carl