Re: LSR, updates and committishes

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: LSR, updates and committishes
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:12:34 +0200

Le dimanche 28 juin 2009 à 17:58 +0300, Till Paala a écrit :
> it seems I just did the same mistake and commited everything in
> input/texidoc. But I really don't understand and how it
> should work.

Then please read the CG.

>  I called it without any argument and it updated some 4
> snippets in input/lsr with convert-ly to a new lilypond-version -- but
> it didn't touch anything that was modified in input/texidoc.

This is a bug, or a missing feature if you like.

>  When I
> called it with the argument input/texidoc, it removed quite a lot of
> snippets, probably just as had happened to Francisco some time earlier.

The CG says, running with a directory as an argument makes
the script look for LSR snippets therein.

> Well, that was no problem, as it was on a testing branch from which I
> don't push, so I could restore everything easily, but still I don't have
> any idea how to update the snippets and commit only afterwards. doesn't commit anything, and translated texidocs and snippets
live in different directories, so it's trivial to commit them

>  From the contributor's guide I couldn't find anything that would tell
> about the interaction of input/texidoc and :(

I have updated the CG to explain the intended behavior of,
and will fix asap.