Re: docs

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: docs
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:12:38 +0100

Werner wrote Monday, July 27, 2009 12:07 PM

For better searching-results, sometimes add different words, e.g. cuenotes
beside cue notes beside cue-notes,

No, this is silly.  It is a recipe for deliberately
writing incorrect English grammar and inconsistent
spelling.

invisible beside hidden, ....

This has marginally more merit, but I prefer to
ensure both terms are indexed in the relevant
sections.  And as it happens, both are, and
the first sentence under Hidden notes in the
NR reads:
"Hidden (or invisible or transparent) notes ..."

2.
Because information about formatting of notes and music-symbols (for text,
there is 1.8.2) is dispersed, add more cross-references, e.g.:

invisible: cross-link hidden notes, invisible rests s and invisible
barlines \bar"" ...

This is sensible - thanks.  I've made a note to
do this once the major doc changes are done.

Trevor