Re: More documentation restructure issues

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: More documentation restructure issues
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:04:58 -0700

Hi John,

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 04:33:34PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
> Le dimanche 26 juillet 2009 à 21:30 -0700, Patrick McCarty a écrit :
> > 1) The following directories are missing copies of the stylesheets:
> >
> >     Documentation/changes/
>
> This directory shouldn't be present; in Documentation/GNUmakefile new
> terminology, changes.tely is in UNSPLITTED_HTML_MANUALS.  Duh, I might
> do very soon what I initially planned to do in several weeks: factorize
> texinfo makefiles for English and translated docs, i.e. merge most of
> doc-i18n-root stepmake template into texinfo.  This is now possible as
> the amount of translation-specific hacking has sufficiently decreased
> (see commits I just pushed).  This will produce even more complex but
> easier to maintain makefiles.  This also means brain-surgery again,
> btw :-/
>

> >     input/regression/
> >     input/regression/musicxml/
>
> Oops, yes, I'll get this fixed for tomorrow.
>

> > 2) The links for snippet images need to be fixed on this page:
> >
> >     Documentation/changes/index.es.html
>
> This is the same issue as above.

I noticed something else that appears to have changed.

I just modified Documentation/notation/spacing.itely, and when I ran
"make doc", the changes did not appear in my local offline-root/
documentation.

I needed to touch Documentation/notation.tely for the changes to be
compiled.  But this is an inconvenience.

Can the old behavior be restored, so that when one of the *.itely
files is modified, "make doc" will notice?

Thanks,
Patrick