Re: tabs vs. spaces in source code

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: tabs vs. spaces in source code
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 18:50:14 -0300

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Jan
Nieuwenhuizen<address@hidden> wrote:

> Maybe we can start a repository at savannah that collects snippets
> like this for all types of editor and all projects that decide to
> add a little enhancement over the standard coding settings?  What
> do you think?  That would make it fairly easy to cater for all kinds
> of different standards!

While I appreciate the irony, this actually a stricter version of the
standard, in that all of our (tab-less) code remains GNU standards
compliant.   There are various areas where we have our own stricter
standard, as compared to GNU, and I think we generally had a tendency
to have ever stricter coding guidelines.  For example, we have
underscores on class data members.

I don't see why we should not allow ourselves to be stricter wrt to
tabs as well.