Re: How to put to the NEWS on homepage?

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: How to put to the NEWS on homepage?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:29:41 +0200

Thank you.

Actually jEdit's versioning scheme is quite awkward, as 4.3pre16 is a very stable version, far more stable than the not maintained 4.2 final.
What is major release in this sense is the release LilyPondTool - it contains features that have been in development for 6 months. (And the latest plugin central release was at that time as well).

Bert

Graham Percival wrote:
Anybody with git access could apply a patch to site/something.html
in the web branch.  I'm not totally certain that we _want_ to make
such announcements as a general rule, but in the absence of
anybody telling me not to, I'm willing to apply such a patch.

I make no guarantees about the future, although I must admit that
if we discuss lilypondtool in LM 1.2 -- which should be possible
in 2-3 days -- then there's a much stronger case to be made for
adding major announcements about lilypondtool.
I'm not certain that "4.3pre16" qualifies as a major annoucement,
but as I said, I'm willing to apply a patch regardless of these
misgivings.