Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 18:20:10 +0100

2009/8/1 Mark Polesky <address@hidden>:

> Mark Polesky wrote:
>
>> > Mark, do you want to take care of removing the \pad-markup command?
>> > Please remember to add a convert-ly rule, and a NEWS item.
>>
>> These are things I've not done before, but perhaps I'll give it a
>> try!
>
> Okay, looking at earlier rules for guidance, I'm surprised to see so
> many different formats for this. Here are some examples that I see
> that I thought might
> be similar to the convert-rule in question:
>
>    str = str.replace ("setHairpinDim", "dimHairpin")

If the conversion is likely to be unambiguous, this is the simplest
method: it's highly unlikely this rule will generate a false match.

>    str = re.sub (r"([\\:]+)center-align", r"\1center-column", str)

There are several places in the docs where `center-align' shouldn't be
converted to `center-column' (e.g., comments in snippets); this rule
ensures only markup commands are picked up (backslashed or #:).

>    str = re.sub (r"hcenter(\s+)", r"center-align\1", str)

This rule expects a space after `hcenter' to prevent \hcenter-in from
being converted (though it doesn't account for make-hcenter-markup).

>    str = str.replace ("pad-markup", "pad-around")

I think this will be fine, since `pad-markup' is unlikely to be found
outside its present usage; it also picks up #:pad-markup and
`make-pad-markup-markup'. :)

Regards,
Neil