Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 20:32:23 -0700

On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 09:27:54AM -0700, Mark Polesky wrote:

> Mark Polesky wrote:
>
> > These are things I've not done before, but perhaps I'll give it a
> > try!
>
> Okay, looking at earlier rules for guidance, I'm surprised to see so
> many different formats for this. Here are some examples that I see
> that I thought might
> be similar to the convert-rule in question:

Like many issues, it's already been discussed:
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=788&q=label%3AMaintainability

We *really* need a contributor who knows a little python, or one
who's willing to learn a little python.  Honestly, this stuff is
*not* hard.  Python is one of the easiest languages to learn, and
text editing is one of its main strengths.

As temporary measure, I recommend doing
  "\\oldCommand\b" -> "\\newComand"