Re: [frogs] Regression in docs: Output-suffix does not work as documente

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: [frogs] Regression in docs: Output-suffix does not work as documented in AU 3.2.1
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 08:28:29 +0100

Graham Percival wrote Thursday, August 06, 2009 7:51 AM

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 12:12:59AM +0100, Ian Hulin wrote:
This is AU section 3.2.1
------
If ‘filename.ly’ contains more than one \score block, then the rest of the scores will be output in numbered files, starting with ‘filename-1.pdf’.
------

This is a regression: you need to use \book instead of \score for the
compilation to produce two files.
E.g.

    #(define output-suffix "violin")
    \book { … }
    #(define output-suffix "cello")
    \book { … }

Good catch!  Personally, I'm ok with the current program behavior.
I'd be happy to adjust the docs to reflect the "1 pdf per \book"
behavior.

I'm with you on this - splitting the output pdf 1 per book is
more intuitive and sensible.  Change the docs.

Trevor