Re: does ancient music work correctly?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: does ancient music work correctly?
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 22:37:25 +0100

2009/8/9 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> Yes, I made the same suggestion.

Curse my slow fingers and dithering over the appearance of a PNG.  :)

> Indeed.  I can only glimpse a single serious problem: the last
> \divisioMinima is positioned incorrectly.

Because it follows a melisma, there's no text underneath to allow the
\divisioMinima to breathe.  Perhaps adding some minimum-X-extent might
help.

> If your (probably temporary) solution is OK with Joe, I suggest to fix
> the various divisiones macros directly in the init files and not in
> the example.

I don't see why it would be a temporary solution, unless somebody's
going to rewrite the ligature engravers soon.

As for the example I posted, I did say it was a quick test; to
implement this change properly will involve amending engraver-init.ly
as well as gregorian.ly (following a careful check that it doesn't
cause any problems elsewhere).

Regards,
Neil