Re: the "r" in "git pull -r"

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: the "r" in "git pull -r"
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 23:45:05 +0200

Le samedi 08 août 2009 à 13:55 -0600, Carl Sorensen a écrit :
> As a practical matter, -r first applies the changes that were made on origin
> (since your branch was checked out), then applies your changes on top of the
> current origin.  The prevents an extra commit to merge your branch with
> origin, and keeps the git history cleaner.
>
> My recommendation is to always use it; it makes things much nicer.

I agree, except when docs in English are edited and translations
committishes are updated before edited docs in English are pushed.
Until now, only translators did this, but I'm going to add a feature (I
added it, but it's untested) that saves translators' work and only
require doc editors to run a script every time they make the same
changes in all languages.  I'm adding a note in the CG about this.

If you don't understand the previous paragraph, just look at the head of
Documentation/es/notation.tely.

Besides this, there will always be merge commits between
lilypond/translation and master.

Cheers,
John