Re: parser variables persist beyond { } scope

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: parser variables persist beyond { } scope
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:23:47 +0200

Sorry for my initial reply to this, it was not enough to the point, I'm
trying again :-)

Le jeudi 06 août 2009 à 09:55 -0700, Mark Polesky a écrit :
> Well, now I think we're pretty much back at Han-Wen's original
> suggestion, which was to have two commands, one for temporary
> afterGraceFraction overrides, like
>
>   \afterGrace <music> <music>

Is there consensus on the name of the second function before we add it
to Git?  I thought on \afterGraceCustomSpacing, but it's a bit too long.

> { \afterGrace d1 { c16[ d] } }
> { \afterGrace d1 { c16[ d] } #'(1 . 2) }

I don't know if it's possible, but this is surely not desirable: braces
in LilyPond mean either sequential music or block boundaries (\book,
\score...), overloading them further may add confusion.  Moreover, the
planned improvements syntax intend to get rid of any prefix commands, so
these outer braces which would protect fragile commands in TeX are not
in the right direction.

Best,
John