Re: Dead lyrics context still occupies vertical space

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Dead lyrics context still occupies vertical space
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 01:10:33 +0200

2009/8/11 Joe Neeman <address@hidden>:
> On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 13:03 +0200, Francisco Vila wrote:
>> Hello. The example below shows that the new vertical engine makes dead
>> lyrics contexts to occup space. This did not happen before, IMO the
>> new lyrics should (IF it has enough room) to align with the previous
>> one.
>
> Did this work before (see bug 127)?

My examples worked (and still work) on 2.12

> Anyway, it works for me if I
> override
> Lyrics.VerticalAxisGroup #'inter-loose-line-spacing #'space = 0
> Lyrics.VerticalAxisGroup #'inter-loose-line-spacing #'stretchability = 0

Yes, but does all this verbosity workaround the bug cleanly? If yes,
please make it the default, see below.

> If you can verify that it looks ok for non-trivial examples, I'll make
> that the default.

Yes, If the Agnus qualifies for a non-trivial example. Verified, thanks

Updated
http://paconet.org/agnus.ly
http://paconet.org/agnus.pdf

It looks much better now, except for the footer, when stretched.

When it's not stretched, the default stave padding is still not
satisfying for me, I hate to say.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org